Step 1: Complete Forms and Submit to ABM
- To start the assignment process, we ask that you fax or e-mail the necessary paperwork for us to verify the policy information. In most cases we request:
- Irrevocable Assignment
- Irrevocable Re-Assignment
- A copy of the funeral bill when available
Step 2: ABM Funding Verifies Benefits with Insurance Company
- Upon receipt of the initial documents needed, ABM Funding will submit copies of the assignment documents to the insurance company for verification.
Step 3: ABM Funding Funds the Funeral Home
- Once we verify benefits with the insurance company or employer, we then fund the funeral home.
- Payment methods include ACH Transfer (no charge), wire transfer, or check (no charge for regular mail).
- Once your payment is processed, a confirmation will be sent to you with a breakdown of your payment. Included in that confirmation, will be a list of any other documents we need to process.
Step 4: Funeral Home Provides Claims Documents and ABM Submits to Insurance Company
- Once we receive all necessary documents, we send the paperwork to the insurance company for processing. Mailed documents are tracked through USPS.